Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Dreams

I've had some dreams lately about people I know well, people I am getting acquainted with, and people I do not recall having met yet. They were not nightmares, but they were not entirely pleasant either, along the lines of accidentally being at a birthday party I was not invited to, a loved one vomiting on vacation which annoyed the innkeeper, and holding someone's lost keys and not being able to find the person they belong to....

I think that tarot card interpretations are helping me to perceive dreams and life with a different perspective. For instance, Death is tarot card that can mean many things. Since ending are always beginnings, Death is not necessarily a terrible card, although change can be scary and mournful. The innkeeper is akin to the Death card...

The birthday party and keys were both in a house that was not my own. It was actually a workplace of someone I know quite well and all the people in it had extreme feminism and extreme social altruism in common, but like tarot cards, a good thing out of balance is not such a good thing. I might not have recognized what the subjects of the dream all had in common if it had not been for that dream. I am grateful for the realization and I now need to proceed with perspective and feeling with my own balance in equilibrium, which is not an easy thing to do as evidenced by the many, many unbalanced people in the world...

The thing that the dream helped me to realize about extreme feminism is that although it appears to have liberated the woman, and in many ways it truly has, and I am so very thankful for those liberations, yet in the extreme sense it seems to encourage a woman to embody patriarchal principles, essentially destroying the matriarchal archetype. The patriarchal extreme is to destroy the matriarchal archetype by suffocating it with patriarchal expectations and demands, along the lines of the feminine existing solely to feed the needs of the masculine as if the masculine is a parasite, which isn't fair to either archetype. The balance is to celebrate the matriarchal archetypical qualities and the patriarchal archetypical qualities. Men and women are capable of embodying and representing these archetypes, but these archetypes are not gender specific, and each gender needs the balance of both archetypical qualities. Emotion and power both need embraced in our character,  not exchanging one for the other. To be nurturing and powerful is a most difficult, but essential combination, so very much needed.






No comments:


Popular Posts